Food wastage should be considered a crime

10:44 AM 0 Comments



50% of the food produced is wasted! well that's about 1.2-2 BILLION TONNES of food









According to the "New Scientist" the reasons of food wastage may differ between the rich and poor countries. Most of the food wasted in richer countries is because they simply cannot manage the food which they buy more than their need, while food wastage in poorer countries is due to the lack of efficiency in the production of food.

An important fact to note is how food wastage is also accompanied by the wastage of water and energy. I believe that food wastage should be considered a crime while judging the amount of people living without a single proper meal a day.

The article points out various solutions and to summarize we could say that
the solution lies in implementation of scientific knowledge  with the change in attitudes of people.

I hope that this article does some change in you, I am sure it did to me and I will make sure to remember that,  there are millions of people starving out there, and I should be responsible with my choices.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23067-time-to-halt-our-massive-waste-of-food--heres-how.html

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: